Re: Got Delay.Plus question (long)

 --- Roger A Gonzales <gonz1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
- ---------------------------------

> Couldn't get 'Nice and...', >

Sean,

Do whatever you need to do to get Nice and Strong as
well as Heavy Rotation.  You will be even more
astonished than you are now.  I have everything that
Paul has put out and IMHO, Nice and Strong is one of
the best projects he has ever put out.  \PS HOw about
the solo on Can't quit you no on Pauzilla.  Great 3rd
pos. on Heavy Rotation as well.

Hope you can get them both.

regards,

Roger Gonzales

Roger,his playing on that particular tune is just so
exquisitely fluid and as it should be.Listening to
Delay gives me that double edged feeling.On one
level,how amazing that little "toy" that we fool with
can sound,dragging the band along with its twists
,turns and charges.On another, how remedial my playing
is in comparison!
He's obviously a genius.Also check out "All cried out"
on.... Chicago."Sublime!!!!
Could I also take this opportunity to ask your good
self or any of the "more seasoned" listers; (Roger I'm
assuming you may be younger than my 35 years) if the
harp player that I saw some years back on a TV show
syndicated to here, (U.K), (it was basically a blues
night recorded somewhere in a u.s club that was aired
for maybe 2 weeks about 15 years ago!!!!) was the
great man?
The show had this harp player who ,was physically
large, he also had a harp "holster" slung around him
and if my memory serves me well the tune he played was
"Poor boy" or something akin to that.You know with the
"I bought you a Cadillac you said it was nothing but
a..... " lyric.
What I remember for sure about the show was that it
also featured Corky Siegal doin a Piedmont kind of
thing and as he was applauded,he bowed to the roar of
the crowd and notably,he bowed his harp (as it stood
on his hand) towards the crowd like an individual
performer.I have always  hoped to I.d the other player
as he was brilliant and I had only started getting
into harp then.
Take care and regards,
Sean,Belfast.