Re: Jens' wooden coverplates

Hello Jens,

in answering Keith=B4s question:=20

< ..do you find the wooden coverplates ......have a significant effect on th=
e=20

< tone quality? >=20

 you wrote:

< The harmonica sounds the same, no matter if I use this wooden cover plates=
,=20

< the Hohner Super 64 coverplates ...... or no coverplates at all ...... The=
=20
material=20
< doesn't seem to contribute to the tone quality at all. >

Well, Jens, that doesn=B4t surprise me. When Vern made his materials seminar=
 at=20

SPAH 97 I made him an exact copy of the CX 12 with a brass cover in order to=
=20
show that neither the comb nor the cover material has a sound influence.

Nevertheless, Bill=B4s rosewood covers are real jewels and I=B4m sure that h=
e has=20

masterly worked your e-bay Chromonika III as well.=20

Then you mentioned Hohner=B4s standard tuning of 444 Hz while needing a 440=20
tuning
for a concert in the States.=20

Yes, it=B4s a real anger that the pitch of the "Kammerton a" is constantly=20
changed.
You know that we once had 435 Hz in Germany while in USA 440 Hz was and is=20
the standard.=20

Once I made a beautiful CB 16 for one of the lead players of the King=B4s=20
Quintett=20
from Hongkong and he got his instrument just at a Trossinger harp festival=20
where=20
he wanted to play it at a gala performance. However, after a concert=20
rehearsal he
brought me the CB 16 back: Sorry, he said, I can=B4t use it. The King=B4s=20
Quintett=20
plays at 442 but your CB is tuned at 440.=20

Keep on harpin=B4

Siegfried=20
   =20