Re: 3-draw/bent "growl" - help?!!

Dan wrote:

"Tom Ball demonstrated this growling technique at the SPAH in Denver a
few years back.  He said that this sound always came naturally for him,
but when questioned, he indicated that it was a kind of snoring from
the upper throat."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yup, I can do that one, but this is in the harp itself. It is very easy on
2 draw (bent), I assume the greater difference in freq. between 3
draw/blow is what makes this tougher.

I was doing the snoring thing with a band one time, and the guitar/leader
would grab his ear monitor like a bee was in there. He'd get the strangest
look on his face, then say "did you hear that?"  I never did say anything
when I figured out what the deal was, but I quit doing it!  I guess my
lack of finesse on that technique was making a percussive sound that
really messed with his head....

kcmojoe