Green gunk: good or bad?

I noticed when taking apart my Hering 64 that after only a couple of weeks of playing
the brass reedplates are already developing green gunk, some of which is left behind on
the comb (in particular the dividers between the chambers). My question is, should I:

(a) let it grow, to seal up any gaps between the comb and the reedplates, or

(b) clean it off because it's going to *create* gaps between the comb and the reedplates
which weren't there before?

- -Keith