RIG STUFF - Digitech X Serise "DigiVerb" Digital Reverb

Hi there,
  With all this talk about reverb pedals I thought I'd weigh in with my
recent aquisition.    I've been searching for a good reverb unit since I
gave up on my POD and sold it - a year on, no regrets.
  I've enjoyed using the Dan Echo pedal for backslap effect, or maybe a
touch more when playing sweet ballad - however without a tap function, I'm
limited to how much I can mix in without conflicting with the rhythm of any
given song - but theres nothing like good reverb, you can set it up and use
as much as you want without it getting in the way... short of ridiculously
too much.

  I've tried a few pedals including the SongWorks Li'l Lanelei Spring Reverb
pedal and Boss Digital Reverb pedal ... and then I tried out the Digitech
DigiVerb at a local music shop - it sounded really promising, so I was going
to save up and buy a new one.

When Richard Hunter, God bless him, learnt about this, he helped me locate
and purchase a second hand one for a fraction of what I was going to have to
pay new.  It arrived from USA today and after a couple of hours playing with
it I am delighted.   Thanks again for your help Richard!

  Its clean and quiet, the: room; plate; hall; church; and spring reverbs
sound very convincing with a huge range of control (using 4 dials, Level
[blend], EQ [high cut], decay, type [6 types including Gated and Reverse]),
theres no artificial break up like the Boss digital reverb does, and
produces a full tone with plenty of control unlike the Lanelei spring
reverb, I lose nothing and gain a lot.

For anyone whos hunting around for a good reverb effect, count the Digitech
X-series DigiVerb among those you check out.

The only drawback I can see is although it takes 9 volt battery, it chews
through them in less than an hour, so its probably safest to use an adapter.
I use NiMh rechargables so its less of an cost issue and more of an
inconvenience.
But then again both the Holy Grail reverb pedals don't even take batteries.

Reverbarantly yours,
.