Re: Guitars vs Strings

Hi all:

This may be totally subjective, but it works for me (or seems to,
which keeps me happy...)

I have triple reduncy through all harp keys and I make it a point to
switch off between harps from gig to gig--which is to say that my
"first call harps" today will be third call tomorrow, 2nd to first and
so on.

Is there any logic/physical reason that this seems to get me more
mileage? I don't know, but I just seem to find find that I get more
time out of three harps bought at once and rotated than three bought
consecutively.

Comments? Or am I just deluding myself? In any case, the redundancy does
mean that if a reed sticks during a tune or a set, getting through the
rest of the set is easy with ready backup.

By the way--I mean three working harps, ready to go, in each key--and
reedplates as well for all in case the one of 'em goes totally.

Maybe I'm just compulsive :-)

Best regards,
 Ron/datadigr                            mailto:rdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx