Re: Guitars vs Strings repair or the bones pyle

I'm glorifyed to be back on topic      I keep my harps after they mis perform
now    (instead of bouncing them off the floor in rage) and pray that they will heal
visiting them in moments of great need ( like before rehearsal)  my harps mostly dy
from metal fatigue. never having had a custom harp i can still imagin great improvement
on the "good harp lottery" which buying harps often is.  I wonder what part fate has in this equation     a new harp with disatonce on the high end  makes differant music and makes me play differantly      the confidence to adjust       I hope to get a lesson on installing replacement reeds from a harp GURU this summer somewhere.
 in New England. While i pretty sure that harps will eventual wear down  this 3 month life span seems short and not knowing if the next one will be good is a drag.  o well it could be worse      I can play, I'm lucky
 Sadly or maybe not
the band I'm playing in is breaking up.   thanks to the topic      Ben
 Paul Harker <paul-harker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With the talk of custom harps, it seems that some folks think of a harmonica like a guitarist would think of a set of strings -- a consumable item. On the other, some look at it more like the guitar, an instrument to care for and maintain. Most, appear somewhere in between.

On of the things about harp is that it is really a set of 12 (or more). $10 harps cost $120+, a $25 harps cost $260, and custom harps can be measured in thousands of dollars. Not chump change.

If you paid over a grand on a guitar, saxaphone, trumpet etc it's an investment for a lifetime.  I'm curiouis if it would be reasonable to expect a set of custom harps to do the same?

In addition, I'm curious how others feel -- are harps a disposable commodity, a long-term investment, or ??

Do you Yahoo!?