the nature of the internet

For what it's worth, I do not have now nor do I ever want the power of
post review prior to publication.  People read this stuff at their own
pace.  A lot of folks read the list at work and don't see anything new
from Friday at noon until about 10 am monday morning.  It's pretty easy to
read what to us is an old post and comment on it.  The only thing to do is
just ignore it, the latency is inherent.  Harv Andruss and old friend from
days of harp-l past once told me to read my mail queue backwards.  Newest
to oldest.  It saves you from this kind of situation.  In my case I was
reacting very stridently to a post someone had already apologised for.