The Economics of Customizing Harmonicas

Pat Missin wrote:
> That depends on the cost of producing such an instrument. Someone
> recently said that most harp players want a thousand dollar
> instrument for a hundred dollars. Actually, I think most of them
> want a thousand dollar instrument for ten dollars.

The irony of this is that buying stuff too cheap doesn't help
anyone.  Producing goods and selling them at a price that isn't
profitable guarantees that the producer won't be in business for very
long.  I prefer an arrangement with my suppliers that makes it so
they can continue to enjoy their business as well.  Thankfully, most
of my customers seem to feel the same way.

- -tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/