Re: Jens' wooden coverplates

Hi Keith,

to answer your question: "do you find the wooden coverplates (which are =
undoubtedly gorgeous to look at)=20
have a significant effect on the tone quality?" in one word, I have to =
reply: no!

Here some more words about it: The harmonica sounds the same, no matter =
if I use his wooden cover plates, the Hohner Super 64 coverplates (I =
just tried it now to check if there's a difference), or no coverplates =
at all (just louder when played without the cover). The material doesn't =
seem to contribute to the tone quality at all.

But I love the the ergonomic shape, the warmth and the looks of my new =
wooden cover plates more than the original brass plates of the =
Chromonika III (comparable with the 270/Chromonica II, which has more =
sharp edges).

Regards,
Jens.

Homepage: http://www.jensbunge.de