Re:(changing my) Harp History

A real find ? My sweet friend work's in the lib at Yale     soon she will be looking for this book    when did it come out    ? Publisher?     I find the diversity in harp knowledge,
manufacture and involvement by everyone on this list  Amazing.  The information about theory and exact note locations cool yet haven't put them to any use.  I play from a sound.  an idea  which   I perceive    not having much confidence in being able to improve my connection to my perception i haven't persuaded learning(harp) as  academics. Times are changing , your (list writers) discourse is inspiring.   Anti intellectualism only goes so far before becoming self defeating. Fear of failure or sloth are not worthy arguments.
While many of the notes on chrom or any harp might sound like okdoke taste is ultimately  the players responsibility.   A little long winded    think'n about improving             Ben

MaryLarryCarleighReilly Pratt <mlpratt@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Way back near the beginning of the harp/history/polical/Star of David
thread, Nicholas Fouget asked:

Well, I do not know about harmonica history, but it seems that only germany
has been producing harmonicas. Nowadays, there are some factory in Brazil,
Japan, but I do not know much about them. Can somebody tell me more about
harmonica history and factories? Is there any book relating that history?

Nicholas.......................There is a great book on the subject. Its
"Harmonica Makers of Germany and Austria" by Martin Haffner. Its a
wonderful book with logos, trademarks and vignettes of dozens of harp
manufacturers in Germay and Austria. In a later post you mentioned Harland
Crain. He should be able to get you a copy.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt
www.parkhousejam.com

Do you Yahoo!?