Harp History

Way back near the beginning of the harp/history/polical/Star of David
thread, Nicholas Fouget asked:

Well, I do not know about harmonica history, but it seems that only germany
has been producing harmonicas. Nowadays, there are some factory in Brazil,
Japan, but I do not know much about them. Can somebody tell me more about
harmonica history and factories?  Is there any book relating that history?

Nicholas.......................There is a great book on the subject.  Its
"Harmonica Makers of Germany and Austria" by Martin Haffner.  Its a
wonderful book with logos, trademarks and vignettes of dozens of harp
manufacturers in Germay and Austria.  In a later post you mentioned Harland
Crain.  He should be able to get you a copy.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt
www.parkhousejam.com