Gibson amp

  Someone had posted a while back asking about the new Gibson Les Paul Jr. amp. I had the opportunity to demo one at my local harp friendly music store yesterday, and I was impressed. Five watts, 8" speaker, and just a volume knob - all tube with point to point wiring. I played it with the stores 520dx mic and it had nice.full tone with excellent low end, good sensitivity to various cupping tecniques and smooth breakup when pushed. As usual, with any amp designed for guitar, there were some feedback issues but swapping out the12ax7 preamp tube for one with lower gain would probably make this a sweet little harp amp. At around $500 it's a bit pricey for a small amp, and I wish it had tone controls, but it's definitely one to consider when amp shopping.
                                                                                                         Jeff

Jeff Delong
delongj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.