"Star of David" , Stuttgart, heraldry...

hey all,

  i hope i'm still on topic here. we ARE talking about
Hohner history, so i figure i'm safe, but y'all
correct me if not :)
  anyhow... i was looking into six-point stars in
Germany, and found they were relatively common in
German coats of arms (by contrast, the five-point star
is common in France. why, i don't know! :)

anyway... this link mentions that a village in
Stuttgart (not far from Trossingen, i hear... my MB
says "Stuttgart" on the bottom cover, with 1881 below
that... anyone know why?) has severaly "village seals"
and nearly all of them have 6-point stars on them!

http://www.ngw.nl/int/dld/u/untertur.htm

i don't know if this says anything at all about Jewish
origins. Stuttgart seems to have a rich Jewish
history, but i don't know if that would translate into
affecting the official seals of the village. in any
case, the star could have been a symbol of the town?
or used for reasons similar to why they were used
there? (they were also on the coats of arms of towns
in Baden and other places...) i don't know enough
about old Hohner covers to guess...

   cheers,
         --Jp