Melody XB

David writes interestingly about tuning variations on the XB.
  However, if I understand you correctly, doesn´t this set-up pretty much "lock" you in 2nd pos, a bit like the MM?
 Might not be a bad thing for most players, but I find an advantage of Richter tuning (and I am in No Way a fundamentalist here) is that you´re a bit forced to employ different postitions, and this can make your playing slightly more varied - or at least less stuck in the same old riffing idioms, and this should hold for the XB40 to.
  But since I don´t yet own one (kinda expensive ...), maybe I´m missing the point?
  As far as the handiwork goes, I assume you do this yourself?

  Anyway, thanks for the tips!

Martin