Re: german harps etc

I have a holiday planned to San Francisco and L. A. this summer, and I'm wondering whether I really want to go and help fund a country that dismisses the Geneva Convention, bombs wedding parties and encourages its soldiers to photograph each other abusing prisoners.

But on the other hand, I might deprive myself of a golden opportunity to see the likes of Rod Piazza, Mark Ford, Mark Hummel, Kim Wilson, James Harman, Rick Estrin, Bill Barrett, Ironman Mike Curtis and a squillion others on their home turf. I must stand a chance of catching at least ONE of them.

it's a dilemma. In the meantime our correspondent from Idaho may like to consider the proposition that the reason Germany (along with the rest of the world apart from our deluded Prime Minister) doesn't back Bush on Iraq is because what the US and, sadly, (my country) Britain is doing in that country is immoral, arguably illegal, and in both the short and long term a far greater threat to regional and world stability and peace than Saddam and his non-WMD ever was.

yours humbly
dd