Re: German harps.....Why?

That thread is pretty much complicated and I do not think it has its polace on harp-l, but what you say is interesting and I want to ask 2 questions:

You talk about Adolf Hitler, then, do you know why he did manage to take over the power? Have you heard about WW1, Weimar Republic and the US New Deal?

Then, a question on a lighter subject:

Well, I do not know about harmonica history, but it seems that only germany has been producing harmonicas. Nowadays, there are some factory in Brazil, Japan, but I do not know much about them. Can somebody tell me more about harmonica history and factories?
Is there any book relating that history?
Thanks.

Froggy

Kenneth Johnson <wow74@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The German harp and other German musical instruments are a mufti million dollar business here in the US.

We saved their ass in the 40's from  Adolph and his ilk. We saved them from starving in the late 40's with the Berlin airlift.

I can see harplers under 50 saying to themselves "What war? What airlift?

There is no help from them in Iraq, because Saddam had them in his back pocket.

So.....Why do we support them by buying all their stuff, because. We're selfish. We're inclined to let somebody else solve the problem and we because, we have no backbone.

Your friendly dissident in Idaho........Kenny

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail