The Jelly Roll Kings

Years ago, while living in Austin, Texas, I asked the member of a =
well-known band how he came up with the concept for his sound. He played =
me two albums by the Jelly Roll Kings and I was introduced to the =
wonderful music of Frank Frost, Sam Carr and Big Jack Johnson, among =
others on those albums.=20

As I remember, there was an album that Sam Phillips did as well as one =
on the Jewel label. Fantastic music, what the old timers call jukin=92.

I was lucky enough to play with Big Jack in Clarksdale, Mississippi =
(Sunflower Fest) and am now part of his European touring band.

Would anyone out there have discography info on those early Jewel and =
Phillips sides, who played what on them as well as where I might be able =
to purchase them.=20

If you are not familiar with this material, watch this thread for info =
(hopefully) about where to find it. It destroys the myth that there was =
no rocking ensemble blues in Mississippi during the =9160s.=20

Keith Dunn=20
Rotterdam
http://www.alonewiththeblues.com
 =20