Effects Pedal - Watch out!!

Jp Pagan and many others wrote about using an Octave Effects pedal.  I'm
sure people use effects pedals because they like the particular sound it
makes, as Richard H. points out.

My caution on effects pedals is to not become dependent upon them to
create "your" sound.  Learn to make "your" sound without effects boxes.
For me, I avoid placing gadgets in the signal path.  If I want Phat
tone, I'll use the right mic and amp combination and check my cupping
seal.  If I want octaves, I'll play 'em.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not opposed to effects pedals.  I would just
avoid a "daisy-chain" of effects pedals.  Using more than two effect
boxes at a time could lead to an incredibily muddled sound.  Remember,
you need people to actually hear the notes you are playing.  Personally,
I would limit the use of an effects pedal to effects I cannot produce
without them.  I have used a Harp Commander for compression and may add
a reverb unit, if I don't already have it built into the amp
(preferred).

All of this is highly subjective.  Your mileage may vary.  To each
his/her own.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt
www.parkhousejam.com