Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 12:39:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Ken.H" <airmojo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hering 1923

I would not use Loctite on my harp screws.  Loctite does come in various =
holding strengths so be careful--some require extensive heating to =
loosen up.

I have used low-strength blue Loctite (242) on various airgun and =
firearm applications--usually on scope mounts and screws, but I have =
seen this low-strength Loctite actually dissolve screws and threads =
overtime.

GOOP, a silicone rubber glue, would be better, but just use a tiny =
amount on the end of the screw--it will keep the nut on, and you should =
be able to unscrew the nut later.  You may want to test first before you =
do all your Hering's !

Ken Hildebrand