Re: Biscuit Mic review

Seems Stephen's biscuit business will be going out of business soon.
I heard through Pete Sheridan last week that the guy that is making the
biscuit parts for Silvertone will no longer be making them.

If you can't get one from Stephen he is still great for customizing them for
you if you find one on ebay or elsewhere.  I own 3 biscuits that Stephen
modded for me a few years back.  I think Pete Sheridan has a couple for sale
on his website.

I've owned close to 30 different harp friendly mics and IMHO feel the
biscuits are the best at reproducing the subtle coloration of tone when
hand cupping's are important part of your style of playing. I'm big on the
school of Primich and Guyger hand cupping techniques. JT-30s give me hand
cramps after a few minutes of playing.  I never get cramps using the
biscuits.

Note. if you don't have good use of hand techniques the biscuit won't help.
I let the best harp players in town sit in using my rig and they can't get
the sound I can out of the biscuit because they don't open and close the cup
properly.

mike