Re: Octave Effect Pedal question

I use a Boss )C-2, although I generally use it as an octaver, not as
a distortion device.  It does have a slightly different effect than a
typical compressor or distortion effect, in my judgement.  It seems
to produce a sort of "synth-y" sound from the input in both the
normal octave and lower octave outputs.  Turning the lower octaves
off and leaving the unshifted signal would produce an interesting
horn-like tone.

Jason probably discovered this through the "happy accident" and just
liked the effect.

- -tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps