Re: Hering 1923

I would not use Loctite on my harp screws.  Loctite does come in various holding strengths so be careful--some require extensive heating to loosen up.

I have used low-strength blue Loctite (242) on various airgun and firearm applications--usually on scope mounts and screws, but I have seen this low-strength Loctite actually dissolve screws and threads overtime.

GOOP, a silicone rubber glue, would be better, but just use a tiny amount on the end of the screw--it will keep the nut on, and you should be able to unscrew the nut later.  You may want to test first before you do all your Hering's !

Ken Hildebrand

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com