Re: Jams/ letting people sit in

this sounds like the truth    sign of the times
with harp variations exist   one can listen on break
or invite someone to rehersal    No is very easy
likely and it works    some of the best sounds I've hear were
a suprize to me , still hoping for the best     Ben
drori hammer <drori_hammer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi-
My policy on letting people sit in with my band is
really strict - unless I know the guy personally (or
someone in the band can vouch for him), or unless I've
heared of him before, I politely refuse. I tell them,
truthfully, that it's not a jam but a tightly
rehearsed band. The few times that I made exceptions,
i regretted them. nothing can kill a good show like a
tastless or inferior musican sitting in.
Also, playing Blues in a town (Tel Aviv, Israel)where
few people really know the style, the chances of
running into a really good blues musician that you
have'nt heared of are relly slim...
Hammer