Marvin Gaye - What's Goin' On

Hi Folks,

I'm playing this song on Chromatic with my band. The sax intro lays out easily
in Ab. I'm struggling a little on the bridge after the chorus, though, which
just changes back and forth between two chords (same as the outro).

The scat vocal licks all seem to be out of an E minor pentatonic scale over the
first chord, but the guitar seems to be strumming some sort of A chord. The
strings seem to outline an E major chord over the 2nd chord while the guitar
strums some sort of B chord. Anyone with a better knowledge of harmony (or a
Motown Real Book) know exactly what these two chords are?

Right now I'm just copping some of the scat and string licks, and it sounds
fine, but I'd like to be able to throw down more at the end of the tune.

Thanks in advance,

Alec