Jams/ letting people sit in

Hi-
My policy on letting people sit in with my band is
really strict - unless I know the guy personally (or
someone in the band can vouch for him), or unless I've
heared of him before, I politely refuse. I tell them,
truthfully, that it's not a jam  but a tightly
rehearsed band. The few times that I made exceptions,
i regretted them. nothing can kill a good show like a
tastless or inferior musican sitting in.
Also, playing Blues in a town (Tel Aviv, Israel)where
few people really know the style, the chances of
running into a really good blues musician that you
have'nt heared of  are relly slim...
Hammer