Re: Biscuit Mic review

Just want to concur with Bullfrog's review of the biscuit mic/Midwest
Microphone volume control box combination, but I also want to add a plug
for Silvertone/Stephen Edward's new reissue of the biscuit. The original
biscuits are getting harder and harder to find & will cost you a pretty
penny these days. Stephen casts the shell based on the original biscuit
and can add your choice of elements (an Astatic MC-151 element in my
case). I find not only can I easily get a tight cup around the biscuit,
but also I can play around with cupping and get a variety of tones to
keep it interesting. Definitely my favorite mic. And if you want a
volume control, the Midwest Mic volume box is the thing, because there's
simply not enough room inside the biscuit shell for a volume control
(that according to Stephen, but certainly it makes sense to me).
=20
Usual disclaimers apply... a happy customer is all...
Howard Parks