RE: Hering 1923

I haven't lost one yet on mine, but I clean them often and make sure they're
tight when I do.
Has anyone tried teflon tape?  I know those little rascals are small, but it
seems to me like that would be the ticket to make 'em stick.  Glue to me
does not seem like a good idea.

Hey, this might sound silly, but how about a drop of something sticky like
maple syrup?  Seems like that would hold the nut as far as slippage goes,
but not so that you couldn't take it off when you need to.  I think I"ll try
that and post my results.

Hambone

>From: "Mike and Beverly Rogers" <mbrogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: "harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Hering 1923
>Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 12:19:21 -0400
>
>Well, it happened.  The nut came off the bolt on the cover plate, during a
>set.  Nveer found it and had to hold the cover plate together through the
>song.  I've had this problem before, but at home.  Tightened the little
>critter down, but am not sure what to do about this, without glue.  Seems
>that others have had this happed.  any ideas?  I really like the 1923, but
>this seems to be a flaw.  Bullfrog

Getting married? Find tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life Events.
http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married