Re: Jamm Etiquette-What About the rums?

sessions are so cool if you are part of a real one.   having rules
only go so far   social pressure (or pulling someone's coat) is the great effector on behavior.  If an individual is a hog
will that individual be intrested in etiquette.    i think not     the dozens still work
I truly miss the stupid fun of jams with uncle D  at the soup kitchen or sittin in with
chicago pete at the trafic lite.    new england seems a lot differant    mostly cause I'm older   as i age my abilty to listen has improved     I'm not sure the quality of what i hear
is any better    I'm not as pissed-off about oafish "musicians"  I split.    a musicians first job is to listen.     Ben

dr.alters-wizardsway@xxxxxxx wrote:

I noticed that drummers were not included on the etiquette list. I am restraining myself typing furiously. This is the tactile equivalent of biting one's tongue. Another words, I am hesitant to get started on this intense thread in detail but I may unleash sometime in the future when I have time and energy. I might even develop some type of etiquette or "COMMANDMENTS" (yes I get insanely religiously passionate about this).

All kidding aside. We do need to include the drummers in this type of preparation. If the rhythm groove is off or you have a rock based monotonous snare sticking it wrecks the solo feel. Not to mention tempo changes etc.

Thanks for the outlet to vent.

- --
Dennis "Doc" Alters

Harp and Vocals