Re: Low f

<quote>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 15:46:27 +0100
From: DFerguso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Low f

On the subject of the low F harps has any body had much luck detuning
a G harp down two semi tones or is that not recommended?
Just something I've been meaning to try (may well try anyway, I certainly
have enough old clunkers floating about).

Cheers  Dave
</quote>

Last year I detuned a Lee Oskar Low F (12TET) to Low E 7L JI.
I've also retuned a couple of Low D Marine Bands to Low C 7L JI for myself
as well.

Once tuned properly they hold their tuning very well, and their response is
good.

G.