Re: excello etc Whisperin' Smith

Ben,

If you like Moses' recordings, you would have loved to have seen him in
person.  I don't know how to explain it, but it was like looking into the face of
the blues to see him perform.  Very powerful voice (Whisperin' is a misnomer)
and soulful harp playing.  He is the reason I put down the guitar and picked up
the harp.  He was in his early fifties when he passed.

Incidentally, I don't know where Lazy Lester is living these days, but he was
back in Baton  Rouge about a two weeks ago.  I think he is living in
California, but I'm not positive.  I think he used to say something like "I'm not
lazy; I'm just tired."

Both of these men ran with Silas Hogan, Arthur "Guitar" Kelley, Lightnin'
Slim and those guys.  It is good to see they are appreciated.

Boogie

In a message dated 5/14/2004 9:05:10 AM Central Daylight Time,