Re: low-F

Oliver,

To say if a brand is better than another one is, I think, more or less a matter of taste. I can only give the specificity of some brands, and then you choose.
Hering and Weltmeister low key harp are more airtight than hohner and seems to be more responsive (that's only my advice!). By the way, I like low key harps cause they " Roar". I love their low and deep tone and rich sound. When I play low Eb or even Low G (yes, LOW G) I like to just breath a bit and take off the harp form my mouth and the redd continue of vibrating.
I really feel the harmonica living vibrating expressing on ùmy lips, in my throat between my fingers...
That's very good.

By the way, try to have a try with low key harps cause the draw reeds can buzz against the cover-plate while blowing hard. You will have that problem with Hohner and Lee Oskar Harmonica but not with Weltmeister harmonica (because the weight is better balanced on Weltmeister Reeds).

Hope this would help,

Froggy

Oliver Schoenborn <oliver.schoenborn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm thinking of getting a low-F harmonica. Two questions:
1) Are any brands better than others for this "non-standard" key?
2) Are they more difficult to play than standard key? E.g., I find my D to be easier to play for low notes, but my G to be easier to play for high notes.

Thanks,
Oliver

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail