Re: recording MP3 from Sound Card LineIn (was RE: Re: How to make CD's from a Sony mini-disc recorder)

Marcio Marchini wrote:

> | To record off it I just plug it into my Mixer or directly into the PC's Line
> | In and labouriously record everything I want, then manually split it into
> | tracks.
> | You will need basic recording software like what you get with the Sound
> | Blaster Live!
>
>         Just a quick FYI.
>
>         dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC)  (free, http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm )
> has a plug-in that allows you to record from LineIn straight to an MP3 file.
> It's listed at the bottom of the page:
>
>  Auxiliary Input record from devices such as LPs, Mini discs, in real time to
> Mp3s!. Download:  Auxiliary Input Release 3 (525KB)
>
> marcio

Real Jukebox has the same plug-in. I use it to turn my taped lessons into mp3 files,
simply connecting my old dear walkman to the line-in plug of the sound card. I believe a
Mini Disc is a source with better sound quality, so it'll be work fine for that purpose.

Fernando Toral
Argentina