Re: Finding a teacher in Oklahoma City

Quoting JIM SHORT <jimshort@xxxxxxxxx>:

> How can I find a local teacher? Especially one willing
> to take on a forty-something musical rookie?

Hey Jim:

Welcome to the Fellowship of the Free Reed (that's harmonica player humor).
Try checking with your local Blues Society or any clubs that book local blues
bands for recommendations.  I seem to remember there is a local "alternative"
newspaper or magazine which is a giveaway at local nightclubs that might be a
good reference for local musicians.  A look in the phone book should tell you
where the larger "pro" music stores are - call and ask them.  You must have
something available on or near the college campus there.  Also, I think y'all
have a local chapter of the American Federation of Musicians which would have
a listing in the phone book - they'd know who the better players in town would
be. If nothing else, there should be a few quality players/teachers in Tulsa.

Best of luck,

Tio Ed in Austin

- --
Ed Kliman