RE: How to make CD's from a Sony mini-disc recorder

Hi Ray !

Sorry to say that, but it absolutley doesn't matter, how fast a HDD
spins...just think about it, if that would be true than recording a CD on
your PC/MAC would only work if you record it at 16x or 8x,older 2x or 4x
would have never worked...recording music to a HDD, regardless wether to a
PC or MAC depends mostly on how fast the processor is and how much RAM
you've got in there.The data (music) goes via line-in into the computer.The
next step is that it depends on your soundcard whether the data is being
encoded to a digital format or, if a cheap soundcard, it only delivers the
data to the software running to encode the data to, for instance, a
WAV-file. If the software encodes the data then it all depends on how fast
the processor and on how much RAM you've got. That is, basically, what makes
your recording successfull or not.

Blues & Gruß

"busy" Tom Deimbacher

mobile: 0676.9614711
(this mail and all possible attachements have been checked against viruses)