Re: Boring Topic But necessary

"ChipComcast" <jandkday@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How do you guys handle the tax man?  I just realized that as
> bandleader I am getting checks and then giving the guys cash.
>
> which means I am potentially liable for the whole wad not just a 1/5 of it (5-piece)
>
> Do you give out 1099's?
> Try not to take checks?

in addition to whatever no doubt helpful advice, you'll receive here,
you might want to talk to a professional to see what your financial and
legal obligations are.  they (accountants? attorneys?) have specialized
knowledge and can get you set up right to avoid trouble down the road.

- ----
Garry Hodgson, Technology Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.