Van: IcemanLE@xxxxxxx [mailto:IcemanLE@xxxxxxx]
Verzonden: donderdag 6 mei 2004 19:17
Aan: harmonica@xxxxxxxxx
CC: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: Re: playing harp as a kid (was: Howard Levy in the school
system)

harmonica@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I'm starting an initiative for (first) musical lessons
to children between 9-12 years.  Any other ideas?

If you want to reach these kids directly, show them a video of Sunny
Girl playing harmonica (available as part of SPAH - blues blow off
videos in 98 - 2000). She is 7 - 9 years old on these videos.

As an adult teaching children, there will alway be a generation gap.
However, when kids watch one of their contemporaries performing, it is a
direct link to their core and they will relate immediately on a personal
level.

The Iceman