From: owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Marcio Marchini
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 10:23 AM
To: Harp-L
Subject: RE: Mini Recorder

	I use a Pogo Rispflash MP3 "walkman" http://www.pogoproducts.com/ripflash.html
(US$ 99), it has a built-in Mic and also a LineIn, to which you can connect a
Mic with a good gain or connect a Mic to a preamp, like the Behringer MIC100,
and then connect this to the LineIn. I had to buy plug adapters at RadioShack -
1/4"mono to 1/8" mono and then 1/8" mono to 1/8" stereo, and then that allowed
me to plug to the walkman. Plugging a mono plug to it did not work at all.

	It is also possible to connect 2 Mics to it. I bought one of those Y-splitters
(RadioShack), to allow 2 people to listen to the same walkman/discman (can plug
2 headphones). I connected each mic (using the setup described in the previous
paragraph) to each of the 2 legs of the splitter, and teh splitter to the
LineIn. Worked fine. Poor Man's 2-track mixer if you will :-)

	After recording, you just have to upload the MP3 to the PC using the software
that comes with it. You can record at 64Kbps, 96Kbps, 128Kbps, for example.

	Other more modern MP3 "walkmans" nowadays also support recording through a
LineIn. Example:

http://www.envynews.com/index.php?ID=567&page=4
Then there's the mp3 encoding function. Yep, the YP-55 can create mp3 files
right off an audio input. Just connect the source into the YP-55's encoder jack
and slide the Rec/enc slider to begin recording.

	Hope this helps,

marcio

| Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 19:19:24 -0500
| From: "Kevin Taylor" <kdtaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Subject: Mini Recorder
|
| Anyone got suggestions for a digital mini recorder.  I want to record my
| practice and be able to download it to my PC.
|
| Is an MP3 recorder what I need?
|
| Thanks,
| Kevin Taylor
| http://shootthedriver.iuma.com