Mitch Weiss' : Try a Little Tenderness

> > While I was doing my research in preparing to cut this tune I found =
out an
> > interesting fact that I was not aware of.  "Tenderness" was first =
recorded=20
> > by Bing Crosby in 1933!  I wonder who had the vision to get Otis =
Redding
> to  do the tune, and turn it into one of my favorite soul tunes ever.

Mitch,

    Really nice playing! Very Soulfull, and you 'tastefully' copped the  =

"Otis" arrangement,-)) Sets up nice in the key of "G" too............

I asked my friend Steve Cropper (who played on the original Otis =
Version) your question and here is his reply:

ROB,
GREAT QUESTION. NO ONE EVER ASKS THAT ONE AND I REALLY CAN'T REMEMBER. =
IT WAS A GROUP EFFORT AND I KNOW WE GOT THE IDEA FROM SOMBODY ELSE'S =
COVER UP IN THE RECORD SHOP. WE ALSO DID A "CHANGE IS GONNA COME" AND I =
KNOW THAT WAS FROM SAM COOK'S VERSION.

IT WAS AL JACKSON'S IDEA TO DOUBLE THE TEMPO WHICH WE ALL SORT OF FELL =
INTO. ALL HEAD ARRANGED ON THE SPOT. ONE OF THOSE LUCKY DAYS. WITH THAT =
GROUP OF MUSICIANS SOMETHING GOOD ALWAYS HAPPENED.

ENJOYED FRIDAY NIGHT. GREAT SHOW.
CROP!

Hope this helps, looks like someone covered it and the boys when back to =
the studio and worked some of that Stax-Volt "Magic" !!!,-) (I'll send =
Crop a link to your site)

Nice Job Mitch,
Rob Paparozzi