Re: "magic box"

On May 5, 2004, at 4:56 PM, <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Okay, okay - - I concede!  I can admit when I'm wrong.
>> I get $40.00/hour for consulting work,

  I get $4.76 5/8 as a retiree. (of course that's 24/365). When I build
a boat, I figure $16.oo. Consulting? Yes, I also do consulting work.
When the wife goes shopping, she consults me as to whether there is
enough in the bank to cover the debit. :)

>>  and if I had to
>> hand-build it at those rates, I'd probably go broke.
>> But try telling the wife you want to spend $300 on a
>> little box.  Oh well, it'll make a nice Christmas present.

  Well you could do as I do. Firstly I have to say that she was a
housewife and stayed home with the family. 2. We had one income. 3.
While I would NEVER spend money on myself (always putting THEM first),
if I DID want to spend $300.oo on something, it wouldn't be any of her
business.

> Now THIS I can totally relate to...
>
> I think there should be some payment plan in small enough chunks that
> they
> don't raise eyebrows on the bank statement...

   They being the wife? I do the finances at our home. Letting money in
and around the environs of my wife is to invite a loud sucking noise to
rival the sound near Niagara Falls. :)  I just won't risk it. I would
stick a 20 in a cigar box until I had 2/3 of the amount, and go for it.
:)       smo-j