re: Big Rivers

Keith Dunn wrote:

> I have been using Big River Harmonicas for quite a
while. I like them because they are not tight and
stiff the way many of the other harmonicas are.

> You can get more air into them then with other
harmonicas. This makes for a wider, deeper tone and a
slightly bigger sound.

for those of you who haven't heard him, i think Keith
Dunn is a great sounding harp player. what ever he may
lack, it ain't tone. this is, of course, my opinion.
but that said...
i just find it interesting that Keith Plays Big
Rivers. the only other pro harp player i know of that
likes them is Paul deLay. if anything, i think this
goes a way towards pointing out, to newbies
especially, that good tone doesn't come from a
wood-bodied marine band -- it comes from the player.

> Also, I do not play Big Rivers (or anything else)
out of the box unless I am pressed for time.

Keith, i have to ask -- what do you do to your harps?
tune? gap? gasket? ( you don't have to give an
in-depth technical explanation, i just want to know
how much fuss you put into them).

again, thanks for posting about these harps. and
thanks for your music, too.

  --Jp