Re: Jazz Fest & the Big Harmonica Blow Down

red your E    I would like to shout out to billy Shaka     and if anyone knows
lonesome poboy slim  in detroit  let the bad professor I said and I'm not dead
        Ben in New Haven

ChipComcast <jandkday@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hey all....I returned to the old home town this spring for jazz fest and I caught the "New Brotherhood of the Iron."

  This was the 3rd annual (They have  been doing it for 10 years...last year Kim Wilson showed up)  harp blow down put together by Johnny Sansone at the Delta Blues Grill.
 Nice little venue and it gives a chance for the local harp players in New Orleans to show their stuff.
 The band was solid and played the entire 5 hrs without a break!

 Line up was:

Oscar Caballero
Bill Shaka
Smoky Greenwall
Steve Harpo Gelder
Ben Maygarden
Thomas Walker
Mark Bancroft
Greg Izor
Johnny Sansone
Sunpie Barnes

Rick Oliverez-guitar
Russ Broussard-drums
Flaco Medina-Bass

   If you make the jazz-fest in 2005, make sure you seek out the Sansone's Harp Blow Down

www.nojazzfest.com   (Actually it's more like a roots music festival)

James Day
www.fishfryswingers.com

Do you Yahoo!?