Re: Opinions ? lee osker

In a message dated 5/4/04 12:21:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> is there a reason you prefer lee's harp  i got one and I much prefer the
> big river  under 15 smakers

  Can any experienced players comment on the playability of the Big Rivers
and other less expensive harps?  I'd like to try 'em but am afraid of
experimenting because of the vast quantities of other harps available; and also because
i am easy on my harps and they usually last me a long time before (usually) my
4 or 5 hole draw craps out.
  To me most of the LO's I've ever owned are the most responsive and playable
I have experienced.  They also seem to last longer for me.  If they were
tuned to Just Intonation like Hohner Special 20's, i might entirely switch from my
usual SP20's to LO's.  I say "might" because of the LO's inability to
overbend well.  As it is, when the LO's sound is (or gets) too objectionable, i
retune to make them sound sweeter.
  I'd love to be able to get away with cheaper harps, but I don't want to
gamble that they would not be quality instruments and a waste of money for me.
So i just stick to my SP20's.
  I look fwd to someone enlightening me to the contrary.
ron