Jazz Fest & the Big Harmonica Blow Down

  Hey all....I returned to the old home town this spring for jazz fest =
and I caught the "New Brotherhood of the Iron."

  This was the 3rd annual (They have  been doing it for 10 years...last =
year Kim Wilson showed up)  harp blow down put together by Johnny =
Sansone at the Delta Blues Grill.=20
 Nice little venue and it gives a chance for the local harp players in =
New Orleans to show their stuff.=20
 The band was solid and played the entire 5 hrs without a break!

 Line up was:

Oscar Caballero
Bill Shaka
Smoky Greenwall
Steve Harpo Gelder
Ben Maygarden
Thomas Walker
Mark Bancroft
Greg Izor
Johnny Sansone
Sunpie Barnes

Rick Oliverez-guitar
Russ Broussard-drums
Flaco Medina-Bass

   If you make the jazz-fest in 2005, make sure you seek out the =
Sansone's Harp Blow Down

www.nojazzfest.com   (Actually it's more like a roots music festival)

James Day
www.fishfryswingers.com