RE: XB40 Maintenance Issues

Hello!

I've just ordered an XB40.  It's not here yet, but I'm quite anxious to try
it.

I am a little worried, though.

What if I get hooked on the thing and it goes south?

Will there be replacement reed plates, or am I doomed to hours of gapping
and tuning 40 reeds as opposed to 20?

If I break a reed will I have to learn how to replace individual reeds/buy a
whole new harp?

Any ifo would be appreciated.

Will

This issue has so far deterred me from buying an XB40.  If I buy a Lee Oskar
(twenty quid) I know that (a) it will last years, (b) I can buy new plates.
If I buy a Special 20 (twenty quid) I know that (a) I am buying a super
harp, (b) I can easily cannibalise old harps to replace reeds.  IF I buy an
XB40 (FIFTY quid-plus), then I don't know (a) how long it will last, (b)
whether I can buy new plates (apparently not?), (c)  how easy it is to put
right.  I am not rich and cannot contemplate disposable harps at £50.  £20
is painful enough.  I'm glad Will raised this, though I know it's been up
before.

Cheers

Steve

Want more than the blues?  Try Irish!