Re: "magic box"

Look at it this way. Suppose the components are $150 (top quality
components).

How do you work out the remaining $150 ?

Let's say it takes him five hours to assemble (I have no idea, but that
certainly doesn't sound too low. It took me as long to build my much simpler
I-Mic although, allegedly, I know nothing about electronics).

What's a reasonable hour rate for qualified work ? $20 ? So that's another
$100 gone.

The remaining $50 cover up distribution, advertising, and a small margin.

Doesn't sound too unreasonable to me...

> With all due respect to all who responded - -
> I am entitled to my opinion, and you are not required to agree with it.
> The fact that you disagree, does not make you "right" and me "wrong".
> Isn't that what this list is for?  The expression of different opinions?
> If you disagree, that's fine.  There's no need to make this personal.
>
> Richard J. Smith, R.A.
> rismith@xxxxxxxxxxx

In absolute terms, yes. However, you came over as saying the guy is
basically ripping people off. That's a big accusation. Most people think
he's not...  I don't even understand what you're bitching about. If you
think it's too expensive, then build your own !

It's the same with custom harps ! Yes, they cost an arm and a leg. Do I want
to do the work myself ? Hell, no !

I'll thank you for one thing though : bringing this gizmo to my attention.
I'll probably be buying one soon !

Ben FELTEN, Editor
www.planetharmonica.com