From: fjm [mailto:mktspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 12:52 PM
To: Smith, Richard
Subject: Re: "magic box"

So why don't you get ahold of one, reverse engineer it and then sell it
to us for $100?  You're an architect? correct?  What's your time worth
an hour?  I was discussing this with a skilled electronics hobbyist
friend of mine.  He figured it would take him a minimum of 10 hours to
locate the bits for a Harp Commander and assemble one.  He says it's not
worth his time which he values at around $20 per hour.  That's not using
an eyeletted board, that'd add to the cost involved.  What is fair to
say is that you would not pay $279 for a Harp Commander.  Calling it
outrageous in an archived public list is simply perjorative and
inflamatory and would explain the amount of flak and derision you've
received.  Mike's box design is unity gain and doesn't do anything
besides match impdances.  It is missing parts of the schematic.  I think
I have a better design kicking around on my hard drive somewhere if
you're interested.  fjm