Re: "magic box"

rismith@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Oh, come on! Get real! The HC is almost $300!
Even "quality components" that are "hand selected"
are not that expensive.  Your response sounds like an advertisement.

Richard J. Smith, R.A.
rismith@xxxxxxxxxxx
For $300, the price for getting a quality unit that produces a tremedous tone
with flexibility is way suitable. The issue is not so much the parts, but
also the time as well as marketing costs incurred from the sale and distribution
of the item. You take all these factors into account and let me say at $300
you are getting a really good deal. A outboard vintage Fender or Victoria Reverb
unit will run you far more than the HC. I think all this griping about price
of the HC is absurd. You get what you pay for, and let me say I have heard
people spend thousands and sound like crap (Like morons who spend $1000 plus for
a Tweed Princeton!). Spending $300 and having a sound that is able to go the
through the PA easily and is able to preamp is well worth the money. $300 is a
small price to pay for sounding good...

Andrew