Busking

Was just thinkin' again about other ways to "polish my craft", and listening
to a little Satan & Adam.

Is busking "a good thing", barring paying gigs & friendly jams? Can one busk
solo?

I've been thinkin' about it, but I'm not sure how to approach it (not even
sure I WANT to...).

Anybody with some busking experience care to share some advice? I'm
interrested in the where/when/what(tunes)/who (with or without an
accompanist?)/why(why not?)  and any other advice either for or against.
- -Scorcher