Re: To use magnets instead of a spring in chrom design

  Vern pointed out that magnets don't provide constant force,
  I think the magnets don't have to provide constant force,
  "reasonable" force is needed instead. By reasonable I mean
  the force has to be so little that doesn't bother the player,
  so large that it pushes the slide button back rapidly.
  A reasonable force can (hopefully) be set up by adjusting
  the force(and therefore cost) of the magnets and the
  distance between.

  I sketched the basic design, I think it is easy understood
  without much explaination. Check out:
      http://harmonica.cc.ccu.edu.tw/features/magnet_slide.jpg

  Nidalap :D~

- --
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.